Power Jack / Socket Repair
knocked the laptop when charging? Bashed the laptop bag on the train? We see power jack repairs all the time, is your laptop suffering from the following:
- Loose sockets that have come away from the PCB or "board"
- damaged or missing centre pins
- Power jack has been completely pushed in
- Jack is completely damaged
Symptoms of broken power connector / DC Jack
- irregular battery charging when moving power lead
- Laptop will not boot / power up and battery light will flash when power button pressed.
- Laptop will not charge when on and just operates on battery power.
- Pin in the centre of the power jack (DC jack) is loose, pushed in, broken or missing
- Screen brightness flicks between bright and dim
How much will it cost?
How long will it take?
We try to stick to a 3 working day turnaround. we do keep power jacks in stock but may need to order specifically for your laptop.
If the parts are in stock and we can proceed with the repair, you may find we can do it the same or next day.
Visit our repair shops location page to find your closest store.